We are looking for an Account Manager to join our commercial team for thermal systems located in Coventry, England.
To handle commercial activities primarily account management of our Thermal business towards JLR. To support Engineering and QA related activities on DENSO’s existing HVAC business coupled with the delivery of a recently nominated platform.
The main tasks of the job include:
- Handling daily issues relating to the commercial aspects of HVAC, these issues may originate from the customer side or from within DENSO.
- Solving those issues where possible/appropriate and/or establishing how best to resolve them in conjunction with the appropriate depts. / manufacturing sites within DENSO (primary vendor liaison will be with DENSO Manufacturing UK Ltd, Telford and our technical teams in Coventry and DENSO Germany).
- Account management including purchase order control, tooling order control, negotiation of annual price reductions. Management and co-ordination of internal and external design changes. An involvement in VAVE will also be a key focus.
- Supporting project meetings and managing the commercial input to these meetings
- Ensuring the appropriate and timely progression of projects, with reporting and escalation as required to DENSO Sales UK Ltd (DSUK) management, to the Thermal Engineering organisation in Europe and from time to time DENSO Japan as well.
- Inputting to and maintenance of the related areas of DSUK’s sales planning process.
- Identifying and progressing areas of business expansion in conjunction with DSUK management.
- Presenting to the customer in support of expansion activities or project related issues.
- Support to the Service and Quality Assurance team on quality and warranty related activities.
- Personnel: Initially there will be no direct reports, but the candidate must have the aptitude to grow into a supervisory role as an Assistant Sales Manager. Must be able to work on own initiative and with others.
- Resources: efficient use of all available resources and manpower to progress work successfully (incl. car, laptop, mobile phone, etc.)
- Planning: deriving, agreeing and implementing short and medium term plans for effective project control (commercial). Contributing towards longer term and strategic planning in conjunction with DSUK management. Developing personal G&O’s to support the Dept. and Co. objectives.
- Decisions: adherence to DSUK procedures relating to the boundaries between adherence to DSUK procedures relating to the boundaries between jobholder and line manager. Additional authority will be delegated as soon as relevant capability has been proven.
- Engineering or Business related degree
- Familiar with all standard Microsoft Office applications and the effective/efficient use of e-mail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2/3 years automotive (or similar) industry experience. This could have been gained pre, during or post the degree study period.
- Proven track record in Automotive related sales expansion (or similar)
- Strong commercial awareness (eg sales planning, pricing, negotiation)
- Clear thinker & good/clear communicator.
- Must have initiative and ability to work by themselves while also understanding when to seek advice in order that a consensus is achieved
- Excellent liaison / negotiation skills.
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Willingness to participate in Training Activities to support Personal Development
- Liking for negotiation.
- Excellent relationship builder
- Dependable, enthusiastic, persuasive, credible, pragmatic, consistent, resilient.
- Able and willing to create an overall scenario which “brings the team with them”; (must not demonstrate a maverick or “lone-player” attitude).
- Willingness to support Company-wide initiatives in support of “Continuous Improvement”
- Flexible, able to work additional hours as required