As an automotive supplier DENSO is leading in developing and providing components and systems for heating, air conditioning, motor cooling, exhaust gas aftertreatment, automotive electrics and electronics and instrumentation.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer (m/f) for mechanical parts for our European Purchasing Team located at our Eching office near Munich in Germany.
As Senior Buyer (m/f) you are responsible for the establishment and implementation of a European strategy for mechanical purchasing and supplier management.
In detail you will:
• conduct feasibility studies for regional cost reduction in non-product good purchasing and for new material sourcing strategies
• identify new suppliers, conduct regional bench marking and initiate requests for quotations for our production plants in Europe
• audit suppliers for their production capability and other quality measures
• be responsible for relationship management with the suppliers
• monitor and report regional supplier risk management metrics and lead related actions as necessary
• maintain the purchasing database, especially for suppliers for mechanical parts
• economical degree and a good technical understanding or technical degree and experience in the field of economics
• profound experience in the field of automotive purchasing e.g. mechanical parts
• economical interest and business awareness
• presentations skills and experience in project management
• knowledge of quality certification (e.g. IATF16949)
• good judgement ability as well as strong communication and negotiation skills
• analytical thinking and strategic mind-set
• ability to work on your own but you should also be able to work in a team
• goal oriented working style
You will work within an international and highly diverse and multi-cultural organization on a day-to-day basis. A fluent level of English and German is required. Italian language skills are an advantage. In this role you will be expected to undertake occasional business travel. Therefore a driver’s license is required.
For more information about this opportunity (reference no. 201807) please apply by email to email@example.com in English or contact: Flavia Diekkamp by phone at +49 (0) 8165 944 464.
Signup to our jobs by email system and get the latest vacancies delivered directly to your inbox the second they are added to our system.