As Senior Software Engineer (m/f) you are the expert for advanced development of Engine Control Unit (ECU), SCR aftertreatment control unit (ACU) and comparable control units for gasoline/ diesel powertrain systems. You take over functional leadership tasks in the software development for advanced development, mass-production and business acquisition projects. You will analyze technical trends and advance the software process development based on your findings especially for the model based development (MiL/ SiL/ HiL).
In detail you will:
- manage the transfer activity of software development tasks incl. the relevant processes, models, tools and method between Japan to Europe,
- coordinate the supporting activity for advanced development projects for Diesel-EMS, like the building of demo cars, as representative of the electronics engineering,
- act as the main interface to our European customers for mass-production projects as well as business expansion and
- work in close collaboration with colleagues within the electronics engineering and other relevant departments on a regional and global basis, especially with our headquarter in Kariya, (Japan), to develop advanced ECU technology.
- You are likely to have a university degree in information technology, electrical or control system engineering or comparable education.
- You have at least 10 years of professional experience in embedded software engineering preferably in the automotive field.
- You have experience with MBD function and software development tools (ASCET/Simulink/TargetLink/RTW) as well as testing tools (MIL/SIL/HIL).
- You have experience with software engineering tools (complier, linker, debugger, code analyzer, modelling and simulation tools, change the version management tools, testing tools etc.)
- You have advanced knowledge of vehicle/powertrain control systems.
- You have experience in the field of Engine ECU as well as Diesel engine control systems and fundamentals knowledge of fuel injection systems.
- You will be comfortable working both independently or in teams using a structured approach to work and showing a high quality orientation.
- You possess a valid driving license for Germany.
Languages / Travel
You will work within an international and highly diverse and multi-cultural organization on a day-to-day basis, so fluent English is required. A good command of German is a benefit. You will be expected to undertake frequent business travel.
Attractive working conditions and a team oriented working climate that is cosmopolitan according to our global relations.
Are you interested?
Please send your informative application in English (and German), giving your availability and expected salary as well as the job number via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Ms. Britta Mast (Human Resources).