As Software Manager (m/f) in the area of Powertrain you are accountable for handling the advanced control Software (SW) development department for Electrified powertrain (includes mild-hybrid system), Engine Control Unit (ECU), SCR aftertreatment control unit (ACU) and comparable control units for gasoline/diesel powertrain systems within the DENSO Powertrain domain. This also includes the disciplinary management for the relevant team in the Aachen Engineering Centre. In addition to that you are responsible for the achievement of assigned targets regarding the product development, product quality and project delivery. Furthermore you are in close contact with the Headquarter in Japan and European DENSO departments.
In detail you will:
- Take a leading technical role in managing the advanced control SW development in electrified powertrain domain and control units for gasoline/diesel powertrain systems (Engine Control Unit, SCR Aftertreatment Control Unit, etc.) to contribute product planning of the DENSO powertrain control units,
- Analyze trends of advanced controls of electrified powertrain e.g. model predictive control, machine learning,
- Transfer project outcome to the headquarter,
- Support the headquarter in Japan in all project phases including business acquisition phases,
- Instruct and support your team members to achieve the teams' targets,
- You are responsible for managing the team budget and resources,
- Apply the company policies for target setting and perform the employee appraisal process taking care as well of the development and education of the engineers in your team and
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the electronics engineering and other relevant departments on a regional and global basis to further develop the ECU technology.
- University degree in electrical or control system engineering or comparable education.
- You have at least 10 years of professional experience in powertrain control software engineering.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience of powertrain control systems and engine ECU, especially Diesel engine management system and fuel injection system.
- Analyze technical trends and advance software process development, especially for model based development (MiL, SiL, HiL)
- You have experience with MBD function and software development tools (e.g. ACSET, RTW, Simulink/TargetLink).
- You have experience with software engineering tools (compiler, linker, debugger, code analyzer, modelling and simulation tools, version management tools, testing tools etc.)
- You speak and write fluent English and German.
- You possess a valid driving license for Germany.
Attractive working conditions and a team oriented working climate that is cosmopolitan according to our global relations.
Are you interested?
Please send your informative application in English, giving your availability and expected salary as well as the job number via email (email@example.com) to Ms. Britta Mast (Human Resources).